Radio Free Tobias: Pitchfork Music Festival

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pitchfork Music Festival

To be held July 29th and 30th, the Pitchfork Music Festival should be a pretty fun event. Unlike a lot of these mega-festivals that are springing up like honeysuckle or other such common weeds, this show features some great bands and only costs $30.

I know this kind of behavior is pretty archetypical of your typical pretensiuos music blog owner (*music blog owner*: hey check out this totally indie event! the Pitchfork music festival!) but this event seems pretty legit.

I know I'm speaking for myself when I say I don't have a couple hundy to drop on seeing the 20+ bands I would normally like to see perform solo, while getting tired after the first four or so before the Law of Diminishing Returns kicks in.

Not to mention Chicago is an enormous city and hotel arrangements should be pretty easy to come by.

Acts I am excited about:
Silver Jews
Band of Horses
Man Man
The Walkmen
Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
Ghislain Poirier
Spoon
Yo La Tengo
Mission of Burma
Aesop Rock
The National
Tapes n Tapes

and a handful of acts I don't know on the smaller stages. I would normally assume they are really super indie and unlistenable, but this list on the whole is quite accessible, (Dvandra Banhart and all) so there's hope.

Chiciago is only a seven hour drive from Columbus. Only $20 for a single-day pass, and $30 for two.

Buy some hot tix!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home