Radio Free Tobias: Harmless Ponies and Kittens

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Harmless Ponies and Kittens

Just sorta making a post for the sake of doing one. Maybe it's something about listening to this freestyle rap song done by a bunch of little girls attending a freestyle clinic that Pitchfork posted over a Sufjan Stevens track that inspires the right mix of anti-socialness and affectation that is required in order to make a music blog post.

They rap about things like soccer and how boys are dumb... kinda makes you feel like all the rappers need to just make up and love each other for the kids.

Now that I got my two biggest hits lately on google searches (Sufjan and Pitchfork really bring the blog hits... go figure) I'd like to take the opportunity that I am listening to a lot of new music recently and should be writing another review soon. I'm really digging this new record from Midlake. Reminds me of Paul Simon, Radiohead and America in a good way. Definitely a timeless feel to it... and by timeless I mean a smooth early 80's feel with a slightly updated sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home