Radio Free Tobias: Commuter's Mixtape

Monday, December 05, 2005

Commuter's Mixtape

So, my iPod broke, rendering it an expensive, post-modern paperweight. Thus, necessitating for the first time in a couple years the creation of a 'mixtape' (as opposed to the less iconic playlist) in order to help me with my thrice-weekly hour-long drive to Columbus. I think something hipster music blogs are supposed to do are post periodic 'mixtapes' in order to show how hip their taste in music is.

1. Don't Ask Why - My Bloody Valentine
2. Fast Cars - Aesop Rock
3. Stay Home - American Football
4. Secret Meeting - The National
5. Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games - Of Montreal
6. Reach for the Sun - The Polyphonic Spree
7. Hold You in My Arms - Ray Lamontagne
8. Shake the Sheets - Ted Leo
9. Alphabet City - Two Cow Garage
10. Ocean Breathes Salty - Sun Kil Moon (I actually like this track)
11. We Will Become Silhouettes - The Shins
12. Exodus Damage - John Vanderslice
13. Everywhere with Helicopter - Guided by Voices

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list. Especially Ted Leo, The Shins, and Ray Lamontagne.

Looking forward to the next podcast, thanks for the diversity (and for one of my personal favorites, the Weakerthans).

Keep it going, one day I'll generate the ambition to post as regularly as you on my site.

Rock!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home