Radio Free Tobias: Westerville's most wanted

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Westerville's most wanted

Normally I try to come up with a clever little title for my blog posts. You know, to enliven them with a little ironic charm. I think in this case, changing the formal title isn't really necessary.

Westerville is a suburb Columbus, home to about 30,000 as well as fair Otterbein College.

Apparently it's also home to enough hardened criminals to warrant the creation of Westerville's Most Wanted.

Who are these unsavory characters?

Now this gentleman is probably pretty legit -- I remember hearing about this when it happened -- in late February, he made off with an undisclosed amount of cash from a US Bank near where Route 3 and I-270 meet. Described as tall with a thin build. Spooky scary. I'll buy it.



This guy robbed that same bank four months ago. He cashed in for about $1,600. I guess that's not a bad take, but his picture is now plastered all over the internet. I always figured that bank robbing was one of those crimes that was such a stereotype, it just seems like a bad idea. Kind of like a diamond heist or something. At least when you rob a convenience store at night, you're probably dealing with a kid who just smoked up in the walk-in beer cooler.

I think I've reached my personal self-imposed limit for number of pictures in one post (I'm all about blogging in good taste) but sandwiched in between these two is the notorious CVS cigarette thief. As a public service, RFT will post his police blotter in full:

On 1/29/08 at approximately 3:20 PM, a black male: 5'8, 150 lbs, entered the CVS Pharmacy at 620 S. Cleveland Ave. The suspect jumped over the store counter and stole several cartons of cigarettes. He jumped back across the counter and ran out the door. The suspect vehicle was described as a gray Chevrolet van. Please call 901-6494 with any further information.


Now that's what I'm talking about. I expect to see this guy on Tru TV (World's most shocking thiefs of items valuing less than $100...)any day now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home