Radio Free Tobias: Steev Richter Skips Town

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Steev Richter Skips Town

I totally dropped the ball on this one! This is not very timely, but I'll go ahead and say something anyways. On Saturday May 27th, Steev Richter and the Mannequin Band played their last show together before Steev departs for the Big City for his own devilish purposes. I bet he's doing all sorts of evil things today (it's 6/6/6 you know).

Well, even though there were some major problems with the sound system that I was never really made aware of, everything went swimmingly and 100+ people showed up to see our adopted hometown hero. Admittedly, I've seen Steev play a dozen odd times, but seeing him play "Hallelujah" (even though it was for the kajillionth time) made a pretty pointed impact on me.

Steev came to Mansfield in 2001 through a twist of fate, and stayed because of several more. He impacted a lot of lives here and now can take the extra wisdom that comes along with that back to New York with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home